There is nothing worse than a severe toothache that can take over your life. The pain you experience ruins all your life routines, and you have no choice but to visit a professional dentist for treatment. Different treatments may be required depending on the severity of the damage, your medical condition and oral health. One of the most practical procedures you may experience to fix your damaged tooth is endodontic treatment. An experienced endodontist knows how to detect the leading cause of your toothache and repair the internal dental tissues. You can visit our professional endodontists at Smile Point Dental to receive essential dental care services, including root canal treatments and other procedures to relieve pain. An experienced endodontist has years of training and education to care for complex tooth problems, especially the ones that affect the tooth pulp. They use advanced techniques to treat damaged dental pulp while saving your natural tooth. Your dental pulp is the place that contains all the nerves, blood vessels and other dental tissues. Besides how endodontic treatment can be helpful, many people still search for its alternatives. Continue to read this blog and receive information about endodontic treatment and its alternatives.
What Treatments Can an Endodontist Provide?
Endodontists, also known as root canal dentists, specialize in diagnosing complex causes of tooth pain. Although root canal treatment can be done by both endodontists and general dentists, root canal dentists perform this procedure much more often. In addition to root canal therapy, an endodontist can perform other dental surgeries, such as:
- Emergency Dental Surgery – Some conditions, like a cracked tooth, can cause serious complications. A professional endodontist can repair these dental injuries and perform an oral surgery if needed.
- Tooth Extraction – Some dental emergencies can lead to serious dental tissue damage, making tooth extraction necessary.
- Endodontic Retreating – Treat the damaged tooth once again if it doesn’t heal properly.
What Is the Main Focus of Endodontic Treatment?
After performing the first necessary oral examinations, your dentist may consider root canal therapy as the best solution to save your oral health. All damaged pulp gets removed during the process, and your endodontist cleans and disinfects the area. You don’t need to worry about the look of your treated tooth, as your endodontist will refer you to a cosmetic dentist so you can cover your tooth with cosmetic crowns adequately.
What Other Options Do You Have?
If you don’t want to experience root canal therapy, you have no choice but to extract the damaged tooth. If you have removed your tooth, here are some tooth replacement options to consider:
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are a powerful method for replacing your missing teeth. Your implant dentist can give you other helpful information.
- Partial Dentures: Removable partial dentures can attach to your natural teeth and give you a beautiful smile. You can also remove the partial denture on a daily basis.
After regaining your healthy mouth, you should be careful with your dental hygiene and follow your dentist’s tips carefully. It can protect your smile and keep it shiny and brilliant!